We are an international digital studio that transforms ideas into incredible products. We are part of Tiny, a Canadian investment fund behind industry giants such as Dribbble or Metalab. We work with North American startups helping them create and launch disruptive products to the market.
Z1 is not a design agency with several engineers, nor a development consultant with a handful of designers. We are a team of more than 70 designers, engineers and communication professionals that approach each project holistically.
We always work as a team, both remotely (we have colleagues in New York, San Francisco, Vancouver, etc.) and in person at our main headquarters located in the center of Seville, a 700m2 space where you will feel at home.
We would like to incorporate into our team people who bring their full potential and work comfortably in dynamic environments so that they can collaborate in a diverse range of projects.
What are we looking for
Software Development Internships for Engineering and QA areas.
What you will do
In your day-to-day, you will:
- Be part of a multidisciplinary engineering team, with professionals from different fields, even though the internship will be exclusive to a single technology within the studio's tech stack
- Enter gradually into the selected technology, starting with simple tasks and gradually increasing. This will help you gain confidence and experience little by little
- Develop weekly documentation. This will help you consolidate your learning and have a useful output at the end of the internship
- Partner with all areas involved in building digital products: the product, design, front-end, back-end, mobile and QA teams
- Develop important soft skills, such as teamwork and communication
What we expect
Besides showing us your previous works, you’ll need:
- To be enrolled in a program related to software development that provides access to internships: For higher education, it is mandatory that your high school is located in Andalusia, and for university programs, to sign or create a collaboration agreement with Z1.
- Successfully complete a technical test supervised by one of our team leads: The interested people should have strong technical knowledge derived from their education to make their internship more valuable and useful.
- Skills to work both self-directed and collaboratively to deliver results in a fast-paced, startup environment
- Passionate about code quality and best practices
- Great learning capability
- Effective communication skills
- Positive attitude and high motivation
It’s a great plus if you also have experience:
- Speak fluent in English
- Have experience with Jira, Github, Notion and Slack
- Remuneration: €400 per month
- Duration: 3/6 months (preferably 6)
- Schedule: 5 flexible hours per day
- Possibility of working remotely on certain days
Here you are some perks why you’d love to join our team:
- Salary scale: We base fixed salaries on experience, achieving a homogeneous and revisable system of remuneration. It ranges between €16-40K according to responsibility and expertise. The first salary review will be at 6 months after you join the team.
- Bonus Pay: On top of your regular earnings, we thank you with extra payments for your commitment regarding leadership, adaptation to remote work, the successful recommendation of candidates and more!
- Permanent contract: Our idea when you start at Z1 is that you feel so comfortable that you want to stay. We are devoted to making you happy, starting by offering you a long-lasting relationship from day 1.
- Four-day working week: We want you to feel fulfilled, both professionally and personally, and that you have quality time not only at work but also with your friends and family. We are serious about achieving a real work-life balance!
- Training plan: We need to stay up to date on technology and design trends, and we are aware the only way to achieve it is by dedicating time for research.
- English lessons: We work with on-line English academy Teachify. Enroll our lessons and boost your English level with us.
- 24 holidays days: 23 days to choose + your birthday!
- Special offers: We'll provide you with a Cobee card after your first six months with us, with which you'll have discounts on restaurants, food deliveries, nursery schools and public transport.
- Good vibes only: We take our job very seriously, but working with us is fun, we promise! For us is vital that we build a healthy work environment together. Get ready for an enjoyable team-building activity every week.